I’m very sorry, all – I had a death in my family and, as such, am unable to post today’s news. I’ll be back tomorrow with our normal schedule of happy niceness.
As an apology, here is a recipe for Snowman Soup – also known as hot chocolate. This will give you enough to package some up to give away. If you Google “Snowman Soup,” there are a lot of very cute little poem cards that you can print out to include with your gift.
- 2C confectioners’ sugar
- 1C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-1/2C dry milk powder (can swap for malted milk powder if you want; just reduce the confectioners’ sugar by half)
- 1t salt
- 2t cornstarch
- Hot milk or water, to serve
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, salt, and cornstarch. To get out the lumps, do one of the following: 1) sift it together into a bowl; 2) put it in an airtight container and shake it up; or 3) blend it in the blender on a very low setting.
- To serve, mix 2T of the dry ingredients in a mug with warm water or milk.
- Stir to combine. Top with marshmallows or candy canes, as so desired.